This guide was created to help direct you to History resources available through the UNH library. After viewing the tabs at the top of this guide you should be able to:
- Learn the research process and where to find resources through each step;
- Find information including scholarly articles, newspapers, court cases, and more from Databases. This is useful if you have a topic and need to search for articles on that topic;
- Locate Journals available through UNH;
- Locate an article if you already have a citation;
- Find Books containing resources in History available in the library;
- Get materials not available in the UNH collection through ILL;
- Know how to locate Government Documents online and in our library catalog. Under this tab includes a tutorial on how to search for government documents using Google;
- Find and evaluate useful Websites for academic research purposes;
- Define a primary source and locate them using databases and/or through webpages.
- Cite sources and know where to find Chicago/Turabian Style Guides.
If you are not familiar with the library's resources, visit our LibGuide titled Starting Points. Inside, there is more detailed information on how to use advanced searching features for library databases, search for books, locate government publications, and how and when to cite.
Librarians are available to help you find the information that you need.
- Visit us at the Information Desk any time that we're open, or
- Call 203-932-7189 for help or to set up an appointment with a librarian for one-on-one research assistance.
- Email email@example.com
We'll help you learn how to use the catalog to find books and use our databases to find articles, e-books and more.